The online application will close Tuesday, February 6 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
The full list of PEF scholarships, frequently asked questions and Helpful Hints can be found here: (you may need to cut and paste this address into your browser)
- Be a Polk County public or charter high school senior;
- Be on track to graduate, having passed the Algebra 1 EOC (or PERT concordant score) and having passed the FSA Reading (or concordant score on ACT or SAT);
- Have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have received your finalized SAR (Student Aid Report) to attach to the printed copy of your application.
Use the General essay to provide personal financial need information, college and career plans, and any other information you feel would help in the selection process. Things like medical problems, divorce, and special family situations are all considered when awarding scholarships. Honors, awards, clubs, volunteer time, leadership roles and extracurricular activities may be included in your essay; Since scholarship decisions will be decided on the information contained in this essay, make sure to include ANY information in the general essay that the specific scholarships ask about—AND know that some of the scholarships will require a separate essay on a specific topic.
The online application will close at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, February 6. In order to be considered for scholarships, students must:
- Submit the online application by noon on February 6
- Print a hard copy of the application
- Include both student and parent signatures on the signature page
- Attach a copy of the SAR (Student Aid Report), which is generated from the FAFSA.
- The application packet is due to Jamie Burris, in office next to athletic director, no later than 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 8.
Remember this time with your classmates.
Senior Yearbook Information
Yearbooks are on sale through October 31, 2017 @ $65 for base price through www.jostens.com. Yearbook sales will continue through February 16.
Senior Parents my order recognition ads for their seniors through February 1, 2018 from an LHS yearbook student (forms available from the offices) who will design your ad, sending proofs for your approval, via the attached form, or through the Jostens’ website for online company layout and design. Ads begin at $75.
To order, please select one of the options below:
Senior Class Officers, 2018
President: Robert Madden
Vice President: Brooke Drawdy
Secretary: Addie Christian
Treasurer: Alex Fagan
Senators: Madison Feddeler, Jack Monte, Talia Montgomery, Kayla Patel, Juliana Ryan, Talia Montgomery, Damiana Smith, Ke’Andra Smith, Saibrianna Walker, Sara Ware, and Jerry Wingfield.
REMIND 2018 LHS Seniors
Please check back this June for the new REMIND 2018 for rising seniors!