WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY SERVICE PAGE!
Below please find information about community service. There is a brand new process to enter service hours. Please read all the information. Any questions? Please contact Mrs. Fraker:
Community Service Coordinator@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SENIORS must submit all hours by April 15th to count towards senior awards. Any submitted after this date will not be accepted for the awards ceremony.
- Need a scholarship? Please see your counselor for more details.
- PEF/PSC Scholarships: hours are due prior to December break.
- All hours must be recorded yearly. This school year MUST be submitted prior to the last day of your school year. Any submitted after will not be accepted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to keep all signed log sheets. Students might be asked to present for validation.
- 250-999 Hours / White Medallion and Silver Cord / Embossed Certificate
- Awarded in the Senior year to wear at graduation
- 1,000 Hours or more / Exceeding Expectations Medal (Black Medallion) & Silver Cord / Embossed Certificate
- Awarded in the Senior year to wear at graduation.
Community Service Guidelines:
- Hours MUST be before/after school hours or on a non-school day. For other approved community service opportunities:
click on here: LHS Community Service Opportunities
|APPROVED HOURS||NOT APPROVED HOURS|
|Any Public School||Services performed for pay|
|American Cancer Society||Job Shadowing|
|Boys & Girls Club||Hours completed during school day|
|Chamber of Commerce||Court ordered|
|Habitat for Humanity||Hours signed by family members|
|LRC Learning Resource Center||Church services/teaching class/door to door witness|
|Libraries||Saturday School/detention/work detail|
|Non-Profit Agencies||Services related to armed forces|
|Polk Museum of Art||Extra-Curricular activites/clubs (during normal times)|
|United Way Agencies||Cleaning House|
|VISTE (Volunteers Service the Elderly)||Salons|
|YMCA||For profit organizations|